The sole objective of JAseHN is to act as the main preparatory body for the eHealth Network (eHN). By doing so, JAseHN aims to develop political recommendations and other instruments for cooperation in the four specific priority areas that are defined in the eHN’s Multiannual Work Plan MWP):
(1) interoperability and standardization,
(2) monitoring and assessment of implementation,
(3) exchange of knowledge and
(4) global cooperation and positioning.
In general JAseHN will:
- function as a platform for operational and strategic cooperation between Member States (MS) including their relationship with EU eHealth stakeholder groups and standardization organizations
- provide support and guidance for the implementation, deployment and use of eHealth services throughout national healthcare systems
- enable better use of healthcare resources.
Specific objectives are:
- the preparation of eHealth Network meetings
- the dissemination of content produced by MS and eHealth stakeholders
- dialogue with relevant EU eHealth stakeholder groups and standardization organizations
- the implementation of the four specific priority areas of the MWP 2015-2018 (including related specific requests made by the eHN)